Mommy’s Bliss – Chief Financial Officer
Executive | Point Richmond, CA | July 19, 2021
Headquartered in Point Richmond, California and founded in 1999, Mommy’s Bliss is an all-natural, health and wellness brand for babies, kids, moms, and moms-to-be. The Company is the number one brand in children’s digestive health and the preeminent choice in the all-natural and organic segment. Mommy’s Bliss recently expanded into the Kids & Mom categories and is distributed into the leading food, drug, and mass retailers and on Amazon. Mommy’s Bliss serves retailers in including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Dollar General, CVS and Kroger. The Company is also available on Amazon, and Mommy’s Bliss is soft launching its own direct-to-consumer (“DTC”) website in late 2021. Mommy’s Bliss employs approximately 42 people. There is huge appetite for growth, organically and through acquisitions.
Mommy’s Bliss has been acquired by Swander Pace Capital (SPC), a leading private equity firm focused solely on growth-oriented consumer companies. Since being founded in 1996, SPC has invested in dozens of companies with aggregate revenues of over $2 billion. Recent successful exits include Applegate Farms, Merrick Pet Care, Clarion Brands, Renew Life, Voortman Cookies, and Insight Pharmaceuticals. Current SPC investments include Swanson Health Products, Captek, Reliance, Bragg, and Functional Formularies.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The successful candidate will become the Chief Financial Officer, reporting to the CEO. He or she will lead the company’s financial, accounting, treasury, tax, and planning functions. The CFO will manage a team of about three professionals and will interact regularly with the Board.
- Strategic financial leader. Partner closely with the CEO, the Board and the management team to develop and implement transformational strategies for growth and cost management. Contribute to the success of the business by understanding the industry, customers, products, and manufacturing/operations. Act as a thought leader by providing analytical insight and perspective. Monitor and drive performance and provide financial oversight. Serve as the primary interface with Swander Pace and external constituents.
- Corporate finance. Play a leading role in managing the company’s financial structure and balance sheet. Interface with financial institutions. Operate in a leveraged environment, managing the Company’s debt obligations and building and fostering relationships with lenders and other financial institutions.
- Stewardship. Supervise the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports, tax filings, and analyses of performance, variance and cash flow. Ensure the fiscal integrity of the company’s business by enhancing and managing accounting systems and controls. Provide organizational leadership across general ledger accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, treasury, and financial analysis.
- Business planning. Support development of the strategic planning process, including capital and operating budgets. Establish financial goals and monitor and analyze performance against these objectives. Develop high quality financial analysis to provide context and insight to decision makers across the company.
- Team builder & leader. Provide strong leadership in recruiting, training and developing top quality financial talent to ensure the finance organization’s performance and productivity. Oversee the Accounting Team and Sales Order Processors. Instill a culture that emphasizes accountability and transparency.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated track record of success in a CFO or senior finance role of appropriate scale for a public or private company. Preference for CPG company experience and understanding of outsourced manufacturing and the supply chain for consumer goods.
- Familiarity with forecasting, mid-year reforecasting, sales projections, cost of goods analysis, sales & trade management & analysis. Work in a PE-backed company in a leveraged environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in implementing and managing rigorous, disciplined financial controls, financial management systems and performance measures.
- Experience in a variety of professional environments. The ideal candidate will bring the rigor representative of larger companies, yet will also have a proven ability to execute within a more entrepreneurial company.
- The CFO will have a proven record of financial and strategic planning contribution to an organization going through a high growth phase, including managing profitability, forecasting and budgeting processes. He/she will have a successful record of building and motivating an accounting and finance team.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP. Work experience with MS Office Suite of products to include exceptional technical skills working with MS Excel. Experience with ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Navision and/or Jet Reports is helpful.
- An undergraduate degree is required, with MBA and CPA credentials being preferred.
Key Competencies Desired for Success:
- Strategic Business Partner: A history of a strong advisory relationship with a CEO that is based on expertise, intellect and a direct and open style. Works in partnership across the organizational landscape and acts as a catalyst for action.
- Drive for Business Achievement: Constantly has an eye on the bottom line impact of potential strategies and pushes back on concepts that do not add real economic or strategic value, yet understands and is supportive of initiatives needed to grow the business. Is naturally curious and constantly looks for cost savings and margin enhancement opportunities. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, yet is calm under pressure. Well organized and rigorous in prioritization of issues and opportunities.
- Credible Influencer, Collaborator and Relationship Developer: Brings proactive communication skills and an ability to connect with people and build trust. This applies to coworkers, the Swander Pace sponsors, and external suppliers and constituents.
Character and Personal Attributes:
- An individual with unquestioned personal and business integrity whose professional stature will command respect and credibility inside and outside the company.
- A sense of urgency, high energy, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. A willingness to work hard and be hands-on.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
Mommy’s Bliss is headquartered in Point Richmond, California. This position will be based in Point Richmond full-time.
Apply for this Position
Thank you for your submission.