Mommy’s Bliss – Chief Marketing Officer
Executive | San Francisco, CA | June 30, 2021
Headquartered in Point Richmond, California and founded in 1999, Mommy’s Bliss is an all-natural, health and wellness brand for babies, kids, moms, and moms-to-be. The Company is the number one brand in children’s digestive health and the preeminent choice in the all-natural and organic segment. Mommy’s Bliss recently expanded into the Kids & Mom categories and is distributed into the leading food, drug, and mass retailers including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Dollar General, CVS and Kroger. The Company is also available on Amazon, and Mommy’s Bliss is soft launching its own direct-to-consumer (“DTC”) website in late 2021. Mommy’s Bliss employs approximately 42 people. There is huge appetite for growth, organically and through acquisitions.
Mommy’s Bliss has been acquired by Swander Pace Capital (SPC), a leading private equity firm focused solely on growth-oriented consumer companies. Since being founded in 1996, SPC has invested in dozens of companies with aggregate revenues of over $2 billion. Recent successful exits include Applegate Farms, Merrick Pet Care, Clarion Brands, Renew Life, Voortman Cookies, and Insight Pharmaceuticals. Current SPC investments include Swanson Health Products, Captek, Reliance, Bragg, and Functional Formularies.
The Chief Marketing Officer will report to the CEO and will serve as a member of the Company’s senior management team. This individual will lead Mommy’s Bliss Marketing Organization (Brand, Marketing Communications, and E-Commerce teams) through the creation of Brand marketing, product and sales strategies and plans that deliver the company’s growth goals. Topline revenue and share growth, brand equity attribute scores, and new product launch KPIs will be the key metrics of Brand & Marketing success, alongside specific Gross Margin and CAC goals for the E-Comm business. The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for training, inspiring, monitoring and managing all Marketing personnel. The successful candidate will have experience in building processes and infrastructure within a high growth organization and understand what it takes to take the company “to the next level”.
- Think deeply and champion insight about the consumer as the company’s primary consumer voice. This includes deep expertise about their at-home usage, path to purchase, trial and loyalty, and ultimately advocacy of the brand. The role leads and set strategic direction in place for brand, marketing, product and E-comm for the company in partnership with the CEO.
- Lead the Brand, MarCom and E-Comm functions to grow Revenue, EBITDA and brand share of category to increase overall value of the business.
- Create and oversee strategic marketing plans to deliver short and long-term objectives, including building brand awareness, driving trial among new customers and repurchase among loyals, launching new product strategy and launches, and spearheading PR, packaging, pricing, and placement strategies.
- Serve as MB’s brand evangelist – energize and enable the in-house Marketing Communications team to provide consistent messaging through all forms of communications and marketing.
- Hire, develop and retain a high-caliber, cross-functional Marketing team by assessing current and future needs and developing a team that can scale with the brand’s growth projections.
- Collaborate proactively with the sales team on brand sales fundamentals (distribution, shelving, merchandising, pricing) and on-going trade and sales support-related programs, with a goal of aggressively growing the business across all product categories, customer types and purchase channels.
- Work with Senior Management and the Product Development team to drive new product development, including identifying, validating and developing ideas, and creating and driving implementation of go-to-market plans
- Develop Annual Marketing Plan across multiple types of media (digital, social, PR, in-store) working closely with the Marketing Communications Team and Agency resources.
- Upon joining the Company, the CMO will help develop and execute a clearly defined DTC E-comm sales path to success for the company. This will include the creation of a new e-commerce website engine to ignite sales growth. The role will bring proven industry DTC best practices in paid, earned & owned media, provide an exceptional customer experience and regularly measure and adjust using ROI, GM & CAC KPIs to make recommendations to accelerate revenue.
- 20+ years of marketing experience, including experience at a high-growth company, driving revenue and profit growth building and leading strong teams, bringing new offerings successfully to market.
- Experience with developing and growing a health and wellness related brand (recommended, not required)
- Excellent track record with proven delivery of sales and profit growth, including new product ideation and commercialization.
- Strong ability to identify, analyze and apply consumer & market knowledge to the business planning.
- Broad marketing and sales experience with a full range of contemporary marketing tools, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, advertising, promotion, merchandising, direct marketing & paid/earned/owned media, Web US/CX, customer acquisition and retention, VOC research, sales, and e-commerce, etc.
- Critical / analytical thinking approach to situations, with quantitative capabilities (i.e. understands P & L, costing and pricing structures, and sales/trade promotion-related calculations).
- Strong social media experience and expertise
- Deep experience building and leading a team.
- High sense of accountability: a clear track record of taking ownership for engaging employees and driving dramatic growth through successful marketing strategies and execution.
- Career experience in both a large, “classic CPG” environment as well as a middle-market/”smaller company” environment.
- Thrives in a unique, entrepreneurial culture that emphasizes passion for the brand and an immense drive to grow the Company and achieve results. Has a strong attention to detail and can operate effortlessly in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration. MBA preferred.
- Must be willing to travel.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be based at the San Francisco headquarters. Given the company’s fast-paced and collaborative culture, the new CMO will need to live in the area.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and performance-based bonus. There is a significant wealth creation opportunity through meaningful equity participation.
The Chief Marketing Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Apply for this Position
Thank you for your submission.