T-Bev – Chief Financial Officer
Executive | Eugene, OR | July 19, 2021
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon and founded in 2018, T-BEV Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of tea-based caffeine and other tea and botanical extracts. The Company sells ingredients including concentrated natural and organic caffeine, instant teas, and other botanical extracts to customers in the food, beverage, and supplements markets. T-BEV counts several blue-chip customers among its growing and diverse customer base. Some of T-BEV’s top customers include Amerilab, Herbalife, IVC, Manhattan Drug, Givaudan and Unilever. T-BEV is a young organization with a huge appetite for growth, both organically and through acquisitions. In June 2021, T-BEV was acquired by Swander Pace Capital (SPC), a leading private equity firm focused solely on growth-oriented consumer companies.
ABOUT SWANDER PACE CAPITAL
Since being founded in 1996, SPC has invested in dozens of companies with aggregate revenues of over $2 billion. Recent successful exits include Fleishmann’s Vinegar, International Fiber Corporation, Renew Life, Applegate Farms, Voortman, Merrick Pet Care, Clarion Brands, and Insight Pharmaceuticals. Current SPC investments include Swanson Health Products, Captek, Reliance, Bragg, and Functional Formularies.
The Chief Financial Officer will be a key member of the executive leadership team. As a strategic and operational business partner to the President and other members of the executive team, the CFO will help develop, communicate, and execute the company’s strategic vision. The CFO will work cross-functionally to continuously identify and capitalize on opportunities for both growth and operational excellence. The CFO will build, develop, and continuously improve a sophisticated finance and accounting function, and will assure that the right people, processes, and systems are in place to enable the company to continue to scale. The CFO will provide guidance for all strategic initiatives within the company, including mergers and acquisitions, capital allocation, investments, and new market opportunities. He or she will lead the company’s financial, accounting, treasury, tax, and budgeting/planning functions. The CFO will also oversee HR and IT and support domestic and international supply chain sourcing. The candidate must have direct experience with product costing in a manufacturing environment.
- Strategic financial leader. Partner closely with the T-BEV President, the Board and the management team to develop and implement transformational strategies for growth and cost management. Contribute to the success of the business by understanding the industry, customers, products, and manufacturing/operations. Act as a thought leader by providing analytical insight and perspective. Monitor and drive performance and provide financial oversight. Serve as the primary interface with Swander Pace and external constituents.
- Corporate finance. Play a leading role in managing the company’s financial structure and balance sheet. Interface with financial institutions. Operate in a leveraged environment, managing the Company’s debt obligations and building and fostering relationships with lenders and other financial institutions.
- Finance and Accounting Leadership. Supervise the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports, tax filings, and analyses of performance, variance and cash flow. Ensure the fiscal integrity of the company’s business by enhancing and managing accounting systems and controls. Provide organizational leadership across general ledger accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, treasury, and financial analysis.
- Business planning. Support development of the strategic planning process, including capital and operating budgets. Establish financial goals and monitor and analyze performance against these objectives. Develop high quality financial analysis to provide context and insight to decision makers across the company.
- Team builder & leader. Provide strong leadership in recruiting, training and developing top quality financial talent to ensure the finance organization’s performance.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated track record of success in a CFO or senior finance role of appropriate scale for a public or private company. Previous work in a PE-backed company in a leveraged environment is a plus.
- Financial and accounting experience in a manufacturing business dealing with the accounting dynamics of “job-shop” and process manufacturing.
- Experience in acquisitions strongly preferred, spanning due diligence and integration.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in implementing and managing rigorous, disciplined financial controls, financial management systems and performance measures.
- Experience in a variety of professional environments. The ideal candidate will bring the rigor representative of larger companies, yet will also have a proven ability to execute within a more entrepreneurial company.
- An undergraduate degree is required, with MBA and CPA credentials being preferred.
Key Competencies Desired for Success:
- Strategic Business Partner: A history of a strong advisory relationship with a President / CEO that is based on expertise, intellect and a direct and open style. Works in partnership across the organizational landscape and acts as a catalyst for action.
- Drive for Business Achievement: Constantly has an eye on the bottom line impact of potential strategies and pushes back on concepts that do not add real economic or strategic value, yet understands and is supportive of initiatives needed to grow the business. Is naturally curious and constantly looks for cost savings and margin enhancement opportunities. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, yet is calm under pressure. Well organized and rigorous in prioritization of issues and opportunities.
- Credible Influencer, Collaborator and Relationship Developer: Brings proactive communication skills and an ability to connect with people and build trust. This applies to coworkers, the Swander Pace sponsors, and external suppliers and constituents.
Character and Personal Attributes:
- An individual with unquestioned personal and business integrity whose professional stature will command respect and credibility inside and outside the company.
- A sense of urgency, high energy, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. A willingness to work hard and be hands-on and “do” versus “manage and oversee.”
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
Apply for this Position
Thank you for your submission.